The Pushkara Matha Outreach Drop In Centre (ODIC) has been started during the year 2019 and it has been running in a good environment at Dowlaiswaram, Rajahmundry, East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh. This center has been situated about 3 km far to Rajahmundry railway station, the town which is located on the banks of River Godavari.
Our drop in center is a judgement-free place to get help or information about drug and alcohol addiction. It is open to everyone. It provides safe and secure drop-in space for drug users in the community. This centre has the provision of screening, assessment, counseling and providing referral and linkage to treatment and rehabilitation services for drug dependents.
Aims and Objectives
- Total abstinence from alcohol and other drugs for life. Making positive changes towards enhancing the quality of life.
- To provide safe and secure drop-in space for drug users.
- To provide screening, assessment and counselling to drug dependents.
- To conduct outreach activities and awareness programmes to vulnerable community.
- To provide referral and linkage to treatment and rehabilitation services to drug addicts.
- To provide treatment & rehabilitation services to the alcoholics & drug addicts thereby making them to stand perfect in the society as well as counseling to the family members.
The project staff underwent capacity building from RRTC, TTK, Chennai and NISD, MSJE, New Delhi on the topic of Counselling skills and techniques and ensured quality of services in the centre. Project in charge, Outreach workers, Doctor, Part time accountant and Peer educators. All these members are playing a major role in this project. Due to dedicated services rendered by them to this project, a good result, Name and development is seen.
At this reporting period, the project has done Screening, Assessment and Counseling services to nearly 4000 clients. Out of them 320 clients reffered to District Government Hospital, 80 clients referred to Rehabilitation centre and 140 clients referred to Psychiatric Hospitals.
Due to such kind of a social service there is much satisfaction seen in all the members of our project. Admits many obstacles from the patients we are able to go forward in fulfilling our Aims and Objectives of our project. The patient’s families who were cured were being overwhelmed with joy and are seeking for the welfare of this project and on seeing this many addicts were brought here for Screening assessment and counselling.